Saturday, February 14

on
Legend has it that Budhanilkantha enjoyed  Valentine's day bash with perennial romantic expressions expressed across the senior high schoolers embellishing poetic and bombastic words just to prank each other via love letters. Never had such an activity created an uproar that could potentially be regarded genuine. Eyewitnesses claimed that the surprising twist of the tale was the response garnered from the folks who wrote such convincing love letters that the intended receiver would instantly accept the proposal!

All right, I was making too much of a scene here. But, the incidents are 100% accurate. So accurate that even the mastermind behind the legend, Mukesh, can attest to what I have described.

Oops, hehe, I guess I have already leacked some critical information here. But, I don't have anything to lose because this post is all about the inside story of a legend that even your great great grandchildren will chuckle when they hear about their grandfather's/grandmother's high school mischief. Aren't I right?

As far as I know, I first knew about the plan when Tanab stormed into Rajat's cubicle, where I usually ran some gaffe to break monotony, and called for me. I was puzzled as on the way to Byasrishi house, he was constantly hinting about mischiefs planned in the near future by my prankster friends, Mukesh, Prabesh and Nimesh, to name a few, and never revealing the core issue about it. When I entered our cubicle, Dhruba, my BC24 teammate, opened up about it and it left me more determined. Well, determined in a sense that, at least once in my school life I was gonna write a love letter for my anonymous friend. Anonymous because I was still unaware about the terms and conditions applied. At the same time, I was delighted to make the letter work and make sure they fall for each other (well, that was the main reason was for my acceptance to the 'Sojho Fatahaa' team) and happily live ever after. (Seriously??)

The deal, as I later discovered was to list a group of folks who have never quite been on any sorts of record books in the school and who were so sincere to be even questioned about their involvements in such activities, if any teacher found out. I don't know how, but I was admitted into this team! Yeah, now it was all about business. The 'Cytosine Guanine Gang' alerted!

Fourteen of us were enrolled and it was decided that every one of us would write a love letter for any one of the remaining thirteen of us. No one was allowed to leak about the writer and his recipient.  And what's more, it must be sent on Valentine's Day itself. Such a great idea, right? Well, in my case and my partner in crime, Dhruba, it was exactly what we wanted.

Few days before V-day, I told Dhruba that the plan to deliver the letter on the specified date was outrageous as it would not last and there would be no happy ending, just 'once upon a time' thing. I then told him that we ought to start it early and make it grand. He agreed and later that night, we stayed late to think of all the beautiful expressions that could make our letter work and crafted our own versions. Next day, the school had a session to relay the information about the Trial exams for our A level exams. Dhruba and I had our letters in our pockets and we were waiting for that chance. After it was over, and since it was already evening, we paced ourselves to reach for our recipients. And we made sure it reached where it was intended. However, there was a slight glitch. The recipient was not there and we gave it to another girl. But she knew something's fishy and decided to deliver it to our recipients despite her correct hunch.

The love letter received by the mastermind himself, Mukesh! Photo Credit: Nimesh's leaked collection
And the next day, well, it was legendary. There were series of blushes exchanged between our targets and the letters they were meant for. We were excited as it started making headlines among our circles in classrooms and on our way to our house. As for our targets, they had their day very romantically enjoyed and got what they never wished for (or did they wish?)! Imagine it yourself, a girl gets blushed in front of that guy even though she knows it was a fake and the guy is scrutinizing for the possible culprit among our group! Just similar to the Nepali movies with some villains in the way of his love. Sounds promising, right?

Maybe the way I and Dhruba diverted from the original plan made the day for my target very memorable and it continued till this day that he messaged me for the initiation I promised and Mukesh for the mastermind and thanked us both as it was more memorable for him than the memories he had with my recipient. Ahem ahem.

Over the next few days, our group suspected us and knew that we were tantamount to traitors. Ooooo. But they enjoyed it so much that they themselves began to file their letters and turned them over. Midway through our plans, my friends exclusive of the Cytosine Guanine gang, began to trade letters anonymously and crafted such a daring letter that it made my letter of little significance. The number of blushes registered were directly proportional to the square of the number of people involved to make that letter work. All throughout the school, batch-mates were making a fun out of anyone who were deemed exaggeratedly handsome or beautiful. I even picked a special letter dedicated to Aawaz headed 'The rocking chair guy' that influenced him so much that he had requested me to investigate the sender. Well, I didn't. But it sure looked like he became a great fan of the sender. Haha. Funny times.

Slowly, the dining hall looked like a place to blink eye to the other guy at the far end. Hooting rose to such an extent that 3000 D, the seniormost batch, got an overwhelming attention and even teachers had a difficult time coping with the situation. The school's main gate flurried with guys teasing gals and vice versa. Some targets sat alongside the recipients in the classroom and even looked like they had dated for a long time! Most importantly, our batch enjoyed it to the fullest.

As more of the stealth group members recipients' increased and slowly my turn awaited, the anticipation left me cautious. However, I briefly enjoyed the moment as Samman cautioned me to take care regarding the matter (he didn't know it was just a prank). All of a sudden, the moments you laughed at when your friends' turn came,  turned against you and you are forced to analyze the inside of the story and find the culprit! Hahahhah. And then another letter haunts your buddies in your house and it becomes so trite that you forget it also impacted you for the rest of the day.

The valentine bash continued until we were well into celebrating School Day. Some of the fake couple visited different sections of the school arena together and enjoyed a moment of a lifetime. After all, it was just a prank to make the batch more cheerful and leave the school with a story to brag about for the rest of their lives.

The project's masterminds, initiated by Mukesh and Prabesh, and with Nimesh as the special promoter of this event, are thanked time and again for making 3000D bring out the creativity that they never knew had existed when it came to writing love letters and delivering it by spraying their deo/perfume and stitching roses into the letters. The plan mainly comprised of these members: me, Dhruba, Sunil, Pratik, Nimesh, Mukesh, Prabesh, Sagar, Aawaz, Ranjit, Amrit (bhande), Prerak and Bikash. I don't have the permission to print out the names of the girls who were the recipients in the act.

Well, that is the behind the scenes story of the legend. It was a life long cherishable incident as the whole batch enjoyed a transient Valentine's Day prank and made a reason even for the ones who had never celebrated it a day that they had to admit had celebrated to the fullest. Thank you all of those involved!

Thank you 3000 D guys and gals! We hope to exchange more of that next year. Just kidding. Hehe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment